Photographs and Personalization:
How are your products personalized?
Can more than one person be featured in these gifts?
What kind of photographs are recommended?
How do I get my photos to you?
What if I cannot find my child’s name in the music cd/dvd names list?
Do you offer Mats or Frames for the Personalized Prints?
Ordering Information:Is it safe to enter my personal information and credit card on this site?
Is my order information kept private?
What kind of payments do you accept?
Can I order by phone or mail too?
Do I have to pay sales tax?
Do you accept international orders?
Custom name music CD
Other Frequently Asked Questions:How much does shipping cost?
What is your returns policy?
Do you have a catalog that can be mailed to me?Promotion codes, instant savings coupons etc.
Do you work with charities or fund-raisers?Do you have gift certificates?
The answer to this question depends on the products you order. With such a large selection of items, it’s almost impossible to provide that answer here. To sum it up well, our products can be personalized with the recipient’s name, photograph, or both. Most of our books also include additional personalization such child's age, hometown, friends names, etc. and virtually all items allow for inclusion of a special message and name of the gift giver.
You will always know exactly what information is used to create the personalized gift you've chosen when preparing your purchase...on the product page itself, you will be required to complete input fields that ask for the personalization details relating to that specific product. Additionally, we've also provided information on how the product is personalized in the "description" area found at the bottom of each product page.
If you have any questions relating to personalization, please feel free to contact us before placing your order.
In general, all of the products you see on our website have been designed to feature a single star and only one photo and/or name can be used for personalizing each gift. Any exceptions to this general rule will be indicated in the product description. Our personalized books allow for one child to be the star of the story and the names of siblings or friends can also be included in the story.
For the most part, you can personalize our photo products with anyone (or anything) you want. Many of our kids DVDs have been personalized not just for children, but also for grown-ups too. Even pets have been known to become stars in our photo gifting products.
Here are some general guidelines you should use when choosing a photo:
Photographic Quality: The better quality the photograph, the better quality the final product will become. Please keep in mind, we cannot enhance or improve the quality of your images, so it's extremely important that you submit the highest quality photographs available when making your purchase. For digital images, it is suggested that you submit the largest file size available. Files smaller than 50kb will have substantially reduced quality and you will likely be dissatisfied with the end result.
There are several inexpensive photo enhancement software programs that you can use to help produce a high quality photograph. These types of software products can be found at office supply stores, computer stores, some drug store chains and internet retailers. You can also visit a local photography store that will enhance the quality of your photos for a nominal fee.
All photographs must display the subjects head completely unobstructed, meaning: (1) they should not be wearing hats, sunglasses or other objects, (2) there should not be any background or foreground distractions adjacent to the subjects head such as large or puffy clothing, stuffed animals or other objects, (3) make sure that no portion of the head has been cut out of the picture. In order to accurately design your personalized gift, we must be able to capture the entire circumference of the stars head.
GENERAL RULE OF THUMB: Make sure that the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin and from ear to ear are visible in the photo and subject is facing (and looking) directly into the camera.
Digital Image Minimum Requirements:
- Must be at least 72 dpi (150 dpi is preferred)
- Must be at least 50kb file size - 250k or higher is recommended
- Must be JPG format
- No images cut from the web which are of a low resolution and will be blurry when used in the final product
Mail-in Paper Photograph Requirements:
If you are going to send us your photo by regular mail, please use a high quality photograph with good lighting and focus. The subjects head must be at least the size of a quarter. Wallet size photos are typically too small to be effective in most cases, although school photos of this size are often acceptable. We prefer not to accept photos that are larger than 4" x 6" and your original photograph will be returned with the completed order.
There are three different ways for you to provide us with your photos, all of which are indicated as options on each product page.
- UPLOAD: The simplest and fastest way is to simply upload your photos directly on the product page when completing all the personalization data that is required for your product. The upload process will allow you to complete your order in its entirety during the time of checkout and as such, your order will be processed more quickly.
- EMAIL: You may also email your photos to us after your order is placed. To do so, simply choose "Email Photo Later" when completing the personalization data on the product page. Once we have received your order, we will send you instructions via email on how to deliver photo to us. This photo delivery method will slightly delay your order processing.
- POSTAL MAIL: You can send your paper photographs by regular postal mail. For obvious reasons, this type of delivery will cause your order to be substantially delayed. Please choose "Send Photo by Mail" during the personalization process and allow additional time for your order to be delivered.
**IMPORTANT: When mailing, Please include a copy of your order receipt and also write the subjects name and order number on the back of the photo.**
Your original photographs will be returned to you when the order is complete.
Please mail your photos to:
Personalized Story Books Canada
Attn: (your order number)
Falher, Alberta, T0H1M0
Although there are literally thousands of names available for each personalized kids music product, unfortunately it does occasionally happen that certain names are not available.
There are two things to consider while searching for your child's name:
- First, the most common way to solve this problem is to simply search for a different spelling of the name. You need to recognize that the names are spoken and sung phonetically in the music cd/dvd which means that as long as you can find the correct pronunciation, we can create the product for you. The spelling as written in the database is insignificant since we can spell the name on the personalized label however you like. It is only important that you find the correct phonetic pronunciation.
For example: If your child’s name is Catherine, it will be pronounced the same way as Katherine or Catheryn. If Katherine is the only spelling you can find in the names database and it is pronounced the same way as your child’s name, then this is the name you should choose during the personalization process. You will then have the ability to tell us how you want the child's name spelled on the label itself. Take some time to try different spellings and you will most often find what you are looking for.
- Second, note that while your child's name may not be available for one of the music cd/dvd products, it may be available with another. Each music album has its own database of available names and therefore, while you may not find the name you need in one of the albums, you may find it in another.
- Finally, if the pronunciation you're looking for isn't listed in the database of names, then we do offer the opportunity to order a Custom Name from our Friendly Songs Music CD Albums. We will allow you to place your order for a custom name and we can record it for you. Please Click Here and we will direct you to the Custom Name Products.
- Or you might want to use a nickname like Buddy or Princess or a formal version of the name.
- We can of course spell the name any way you like. The main thing here is to select the correct pronunciation.
Currently our NHL, MLB and NFL sports prints are only available as a framed print. We currently offer the option to have some of our other prints matted. This is an additional option with an additional cost. You will need to contact us for specifics on the mat colors which are currently available in stock.
Yes it certainly is; All of your personal details including billing information as well as the stars' personalization data are collected through our secure shopping cart and encrypted for safe transmission to us. During checkout you should notice that our web address changes from http:// -to- https:// and you should also see a "secure lock" symbol on your browser.
We accept several forms of payment including:
- American Express
- PayPal payments and PayPal e-Checks
- Money Order
- Interac money transfer by prior arrangement
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT CHEQUES. WE DO HOWEVER ACCEPT MONEY ORDER
You may also make your payment by Certified Check or Money Order.
Please see below for information on how to pay by mail.
Of course! You are welcome to place your order online with the option to pay by mail. To pay by mail simple choose the option 'Money Order' and send your money order along with a printed copy of your order to:
Personalized Story Books Canada
Attn: (Your Order Number)
Falher, Alberta, T0H 1M0
For phone ENQUIRIES, please call: 1-866-269-6396
Office Hours Vary. All phone messages are responded to promptly.
To place your order by mail:
- Simply complete your order online and choose the "Money Order" option during checkout. Print a copy of the order receipt for inclusion with your payment.
- When ready, mail your order form and/or online receipt to us along with your payment, including any applicable S&H charges.
Make Money Order Payable To: "Personalized Books Canada"
Personalized Books Canada
Attn: (Your Order Number)
Falher, Alberta, T0H1M0
If you are a resident of Canada, you will be required to pay 5% GST on your order.
We currently only accept orders for delivery to residents of Canada and USA.
If you are an International customer, you will be allowed to place an order on our website, but you must provide a Canadian address for shipping. Many of our overseas customers use this option to send gifts to loved ones in Canada and the US and have us do the mailing directly for them.
If you are an international customer and are interested in purchasing on our website, we handle such requests on a case by case basis, including providing an estimate of shipping cost before your order is confirmed. You must contact us by email or phone before placing your order so we can deal with your request.
NOTE: Due to licensing restrictions, certain products may only be available for shipping to residents of Canada. Notice of this restriction will be indicated on the pages of the affected products. As an example, "My Adventure brand books", "Peppa Pig brand books" and books from the "Best Personalized books brand" can only be shipped to Canadian addresses.
Shipping rates vary by product but you will have the opportunity to receive a shipping quote prior to checkout. In some cases, the cost will be listed directly on the product page. For a information on delivery times, please visit our Shipping & Returns page.
For a full description of our returns policy, please visit our Shipping & Returns page.
No unfortunately our library of personalized gifts is constantly changing and prohibits us from creating a consistently up-to-date catalog. All of our available products can be found here on our website.
From time to time we do have promotion codes that are made available through various forms of advertising. Promotion codes are not available at all times. We do not just issue you a promotion code simply because you called and asked for one.
When using a promotion code or coupon code, please check to see whether there are any restrictions on its use and whether it applies to specific products only. In most cases, codes are valid for use on the purchase of selected items and are not valid for use with other offers in the same transaction. In most cases, you must use the entire value of the coupon code as there is no cash back or carry forward of any remaining balance.
Only 1 promotion code, coupon or voucher can be entered on checkout when you are placing an order.
Absolutely! We love to work with charities and fund-raiser groups. Some of the types of organizations that can benefit from our fund raising programs are; day-care centers, church groups, police and fire affiliates, cub scouts, brownies, PTA’s and PTO’s, athletic groups and any other organization that needs to raise additional funds. Please feel free to contact us directly to discuss money-making opportunities for your group.
Have you searched the Name Wizard on our site and wasn’t able to find your child’s name?
While we have over 13k names recorded in our database of names, unfortunately, we don't have every possible name which is why our Friendly Songs Collection line of music offer Custom Names.
Not to worry, our Custom Name is designed to record any name in our music CDs. If the name / pronunciation isn’t available, we can record it as a custom name.
When you order a Custom Name, our studio singers go into the studio just to sing your child's name exactly the way you say it. This process only takes 2-4 business days to do. Custom Name Albums cost $13.95 more than the equivalent standard name album. That extra $13.95 goes to the singers to get them to sing the name.
Our Name Wizard on our site is designed to help you determine the answers to these questions. First, search for the name you're looking for to see if it is available in any of our collections of music.
- If the name / pronunciation is available it will be displayed along with which albums are currently available for that name.
- If the name / pronunciation isn't available, we can record it as a custom name. Click HERE to see our Custom Name albums.
- We do have some common double names. We can also record a double name, as long as it doesn't have to many syllables, as a Custom Name.
- We can't do twins or two children's names because the music is all written with the perspective of only one child in the songs.
Yes, any name can be recorded in our Friendly Music Collection music CDs. If the name is not available as a standard name, then for an additional charge we can have your child's name produced as a Custom Name.